REALLY -- Who finds the time?!

I've heard of many moms who cook everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) from scratch, bring their children to all sorts of playtime groups, goes for daily walks/jogs, read books (on their own, not with little ones), have Girls Night outings, get their hair and nails done when needed (not once a year like myself), have a perfectly clean house and have very pleasant AND smart children.  Where does all of that time come from?  In my recent post, The tips and tricks of a WAHM, you can see that my days are jammed packed with everything under the sun, but there is no going to get my hair done, no getting nails done, no going for a walk, no playtime group outings (which I am BOUND and DETERMINED to get fit into the day - more on this later), no reading much more then my email and flipping through a magazine while in the checkout line at the grocery store.

The reasons why I would like to find more time in my day:
1.  I NEED to bring M to a playgroup!  I know that she needs more interaction with little ones and not just our family. Also, maybe this will help from her totally flipping out over "babies" whenever we leave the house and she seems someone who is younger than 20 years old standing hear by.
2.  This momma needs to walk.  Well, really needs to run but I just am not a runner and I have come to terms with that.  Let's be honest - after having a baby, one can get to their regular weight but things are just in different places, all mushy and giggly and just not the same.  IF you are one of 'those' who popped out a child and went right back to 'normal' without any real work involved - good for you!  I'm jealous and never want to meet you face to face for I might start shoving bon-bons down your throat.
3.  Hair and nails - well, ya know...
4.  A Girls Night Out would be fun from time to time, however I much rather have another (and longer) date night with hubby since we have only been one 1 'date' since M was born 18 months ago...and it was for only 20 minutes...  But yeah, a Girls Night Out AT LEAST once a year might be nice!
5.  Cooking from scratch is actually something that I'm getting better at.  Before M was born, I would eat out as much as possible, live on frozen meals and everything that I actually 'cooked' had previously lived in a box.  Not so much anymore - I'm turning over a new leaf in the kitchen and am proud of it.

All in all - where does one find the time?  Maybe those moms don't blog or own a computer, or iPhone, iPad or any other piece of technology.  Maybe that's where the time goes... *lightbulb*

3 comments:

  1. for me, finding time was difficult at first but it's so so important to take some time to yourself! at first I was a little uncomfortable leaving DD with DH but I realized that no one is going to parent exactly like me, KWIM? so I learned to let go and as long as DD is happy and breathing when I get home, that's good enough for me!

    also, it gets easier as they get older. DD is now 2.5YO and I have me time quite a bit. Like tonight, I'm heading out for dinner and drinks after work; last night DH had a friend's bday dinner to go to and every Sunday, we drop DD off at the in-laws and head out for a few hours until dinner time.

    The time is there, but just takes some getting used to schedule some for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I work 40 hr/wk, blog/write for 2 sites, keep a toddler and hubby in tow, and squeeze in workouts when I can. It's not easy, but it's all doable......to an extent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy and Jules,

    Thanks for the comments! :) Always great to hear what people have to say regarding hectic schedules AND it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that people are reading my blog.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete